Wednesday 19 September 2012

Which is Worst? Nightmare or Reality?

Waking up from a nightmare itself is another nightmare as it leaves you feeling nervous, anxious, scared, sweaty and every other emotional feeling because nightmare is never a good dream no?  Unless you are a masochist that enjoys horrible dreams then you will most likely be like the rest of us who dreads having a nightmare.

Nightmare being horrible is one thing.  Waking up and finding yourself in a nightmare is another whole new level altogether.  This morning after I woke up, I was still wasting time rolling around the bed as it's still early.  Time on the clock is 8.20 a.m. and my clock is usually faster by 15 mins so it's tentatively 8.05 a.m.   55 more minutes to work and the drive to work is only 15 minutes away so rolling around for 5 minutes wouldn't hurt.

Then I heard my cellphone ringing and I thought who would call me so early in the morning.  Before I could answer the call, the phone had stopped ringing and I saw that it's from my colleague.  I naturally thought if she called to ask if I wanted breakfast as she does that once in a while - calling me at 8+ to ask if I wanted bread or dim sum for breakfast.  Before I could digest all those in, I received a message from her which says " Are you on leave today?" I was puzzled and THEN, it STRUCK me.  I look at the clock on my cellphone and there it was:  9.35 a.m.








9. 35 a.m.
.
.
.
.
.
9. 35 a.m.
.
.
.
.
.
9 FREAKING 35 A.M.




If I could jump as high as a giraffes' neck, I would.  Instead I stood rooted to the spot while braining all this in and then scoot all over the place to shower, brush teeth, wash face, dress and ran (walked) to my car.  Must be record breaking because by the time I reached my car, it says 9. 44 a.m.

As if that wasn't enough, 1/3 through the journey (which means 5 minutes into driving) it started raining h.e.a.v.i.l.y.   Maybe Rain God wasn't clear enough on this matter.  I am already late and he has to make it rain at that very moment?  Why can't it rain before I go to bed or when i am IN bed?  Why must it rain when I am on the way to work?!


#1  Source:  9gag.com 


At least there's one good thing in this >.>  I didn't have any appointment or meeting or anything scheduled for this morning if not, I am screwed.  By a clock.  By MYYYY clock.

Gonna go back and kill it.  Strangle it.  Throw it off my flat (look on the bright side, at least I am not throwing a baby down the flat).

Well I guess for me, nightmares are dreadful but actually living one, it's hard for me to walk in with my head held high especially when I was slightly drenched and I was late.  For an hour.  And there I was thinking nothing could go wrong since I woke up early and all.  Lesson of the day:  Have TWO clocks so that when one decides to screw you, at least you've got another one to unscrew it.

Hoping for a sweeter dream tonight and a sweeter reality tomorrow.

Buh bye <3

P/s:  On another thing, after I tightened my braces last Saturday, one side of my upper jaw is hurting (teeth) and now that the pain subside, every time I drink a glass of warm water or glass water, it gives this weird hurt-ish sensation.  Is that suppose to happen?  Anyone knows?

2 comments:

  1. Harry Potter is so evil to you. It makes you AWOL so long and oversleep as well.

    The next time I test your knowledge you better get 100% of it correct :D

    Well, screw waiting, here goes:
    In book 5 what spell does Hermione say to make the door that they run out of seal itself in the department of mysteries?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just gonna comment on the braces part. I got that hurting-teeth sensation too.. And no, I don't have answers for you =p

    ReplyDelete