Tuesday 6 August 2013

Getting High On Drugs

Makes you feel like you are on cloud nine and staring at cats pooping rainbows - not true.

Well, at least that's the case for me.  All that happened for me was glassifying and dazing the crap out of me.

Now now, let me go through a recap of what happened during the last 24 hours which got me into this situation.  It all started with that innocent bottle of cough syrup and this innocent patient call mishberries.  Little does she knows, overdosing on cough syrup actually gives you symptom or its the pathway to, as what they call it 'getting high'.

So mishberries genius-ly woke up at 6 a.m. to take a dosage of supposedly 10 ml of cough syrup but because she was too sleepy and lazy to measure the correct amount of drug she was supposed to take, she simply unscrew the cap and swallowed a mouthful that she thought should be around 10 ml.

I was never so wrong.

The time I woke up at 8, I was all dazed and glassy lol.  Its like my body is not my body and my mind is not my mind.  Everything is disconnected from one another and I am just ... floating ... floating and floating around.  Floating mindlessly brushing my teeth, floating mindlessly chewing down my cereal and simply sitting at the edge of my bed waiting for the drug effect to wear out.

Gee, now it's 10 hours after the dosage and I am still a bit druggy and light headed.  Well ladies and gentleman, please, do take note:  MEASURE YOUR FREAKING DRUGS BEFORE YOU TAKE IT NEXT TIME!  And I mean it!  Getting all daze and floaty ain't good! I mean I feel so out of controlled of my body and the thought scares me lol  Everything seems to revolve a little slower and everything seems aokay but no, everything is NOT aokay because it's simply dangerous to overdose on your drugs.

I suspected it was the cough syrup because that was the only thing I took other than my cereal and sure enough when I google it, one of the first instance of search that came right out is this:

"What Happens When Teens Abuse DXM?

Although DXM can be safely taken in 15- to 30-milligram doses to suppress a cough, abusers tend to consume as much as 360 milligrams or more. Taking mass quantities of products containing DXM can cause hallucinations, loss of motor control, and "out-of-body" (disassociative) sensations (YEP DEFINITELY GOT THIS).
Other possible side effects of DXM abuse include: confusion, impaired judgment, blurred vision, dizziness, paranoia, excessive sweating, slurred speech, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, irregular heartbeat, high blood pressure, headache, lethargy, numbness of fingers and toes, facial redness, dry and itchy skin, loss of consciousness, seizures, brain damage, and even death."

I never knew teens take cough syrup to get high on purpose but apparently they do.  Could be fun for them but definitely ain't fun for me.

People, cough syrup is used to well, suppress your cough and make your cough better, not as a cheap method for you to get high.  The side effects from overdosing the drug could cause actual death so the next time you think of doing what I did, stop and measure using the nice little measurement cup that comes with it.

That sums everything up >D  I did not get high on purpose, in fact I never anticipated for things to turn out this way lol.  What I can say is, you are going to have a bad day if you get high on a working day.

Cheers!


11 comments:

  1. Oh my! Be careful, mish!

    I've never gotten high from medications; the only reaction I had was a sleepy mind. But I have had personal experiences with alcohol... and coffee.

    Unbelievable, huh? *winks*

    Ciana
    thetempremental.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear you must be very careful with medications. Are potent drogs may bring serious side effects. Thank goodness you were feeling sleepy and something just drugged but could have been much worse. The cough syrup is used as a potent drug for those who can not afford more expensive drugs.

    I hope you feel better...}}

    www.sakuranko.com






    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup agree. I remember i got once painkiller that I got from the doctor and I took two tablets in work, cos I was in so much pain. Believe me I felt like I was drugged up. I asked my colleague who was seating in front of me and he even told me that I look drugged up. You really need to b e careful what you're putting in your mouth.

    Hope you are better now
    Lots of love
    Ewelina
    xxx
    chiclifestyleofewelina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness,, silly billy. Thank goodness you're alright!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So finally a new update with getting so high huh?? haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty crazy that you went to work in that condition lol. Post some more yo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice interesting post
    take some rest too

    Dressabelleballerina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can get high on cough syrup??? Now that's a first! And it's shocking too, I had no idea. I knew that people drank cologne and mouthwash because they have alcohol but cough syrup?? Don't over do it again, you may become addicted.;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. woha.. .I didn't know that you could get high on cough syrup! haha I heard about getting high off hand sanitizer before from my friend (though I did not try it!

    I hope you are all right now and please be careful! Measure your medicine =)



    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad you are ok. Be careful :)

    Wanna follow each other?
    let me know on my blog, i will follow back for sure :)

    Keep in touch

    http://teenfashioncorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I didn't know the effects of that syrup either. But the main point is, I hope you are feeling better now! And anyway, now you know you had to take only what the label of the medicine says! But a mistake here and then is normal! As I said, important is to know if you are OK now, and I hope so!

    ReplyDelete